Case Study 4 – Northwind Traders (Question 35 – Question 44)
Northwind Traders is a retail company.
The company has offices in Montreal and San Diego. The office in Montreal has 1,000 client computers. The office in San Diego has 100 computers. The computers in the San Diego office are often replaced. The offices connect to each other by using a slow WAN link. Each office connects directly to the Internet.
Active Directory Environment
The network contains an Active Directory forest named northwindtraders.com. The forest contains two domains named northwindtraders.com and west.northwindtraders.com. All servers run Windows Server 2012 R2.
All client computers run Windows 7.
Each office is configured as an Active Directory site. The site in the Montreal office is named Site1. The site in the San Diego office is named Site2.
The forest contains four domain controllers. The domain controllers are configured as shown in the following table.
DC1, DC2, and DC3 are writable domain controllers. R0DC1 is read-only domain controller (RODC). All DNS zones are Active Directory-integrated. All zones replicate to all of the domain controllers.
All of the computers in the San Diego office are configured to use RODC1 as their only DNS server.
The northwindtraders.com domain contains a Group Policy object (GPO) named GPO1. GP01 is applied to all of the users in the Montreal office. All of the user accounts for the Montreal users are in the northwindtraders.com domain. All of the user accounts for the San Diego users are in the west.northwindtraders.com domain.
Site1 contains the member servers in the northwindtraders.com domain shown in the following table.
Server1 connects to SAN storage that supports Offloaded Data Transfer (ODX). All virtual hard disks (VHDs) are stored on the SAN.
A web application named App1 is installed on Servers.
Server3 has a shared folder that contains sales reports. The sales reports are read frequently by the users in both offices. The reports are generated automatically once per week by an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system.
A perimeter network in the Montreal office contains two standalone servers. The servers are configured as shown in the following table.
The servers in the perimeter network are accessible from the Internet by using a domain name suffix of public.northwindtraders.com.
Each administrator has a management computer that runs Windows 8.1.
Northwind Traders plans to implement the following changes:
On Server1, create four virtual machines that run Windows Server 2012 R2. The servers will be configured as shown in the following table.
– Configure IP routing between Site1 and the network services that Northwind Traders hosts in Windows Azure.
– Place a domain controller for the northwindtraders.com domain in Windows Azure.
– Upgrade all of the computers in the Montreal office to Windows 8.1.
– Purchase a subscription to Microsoft Office 365.
– Configure a web application proxy on Server6.
– Configure integration between VMM and IPAM.
– Apply GPO1 to all of the San Diego users.
– Connect Site1 to Windows Azure.
Northwind Traders must meet the following technical requirements:
– All virtual machines must use ODX.
– Users must be able to access App1 from the Internet.
– GPO1 must not be applied to computers that run Windows 8.1.
– All DNS zones must replicate only to DC1, DC2, and DC3.
– All computers must be able to resolve names by using a local DNS server.
– If a WAN link fails, users must be able to access all of the sales reports.
– The credentials for accessing Windows Azure must be permanently stored.
– The on-premises network must be connected to Windows Azure by using Server4.
– The administrators must be able to manage Windows Azure by using Windows PowerShell.
– The number of servers and services deployed in the San Diego office must be minimized.
– Active Directory queries for the objects in the forest must not generate WAN traffic, whenever possible.
Northwind Traders identifies the following security requirements:
– Ensure that all DNS zone data is encrypted when it is replicated.
– Minimize the number of permissions assigned to users and administrators, whenever possible.
– Prevent an Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) attribute named SSNumber from replicating to Site2.
– Ensure that users can use their northwindtraders.com user account to access the resources hosted in Office 365.
– Prevent administrators from being required to re-enter their credentials when they manage Windows Azure from approved management computers.
You need to recommend an Office 365 integration solution.
What should you include in the recommendation?
A. Active Directory directory synchronization
B. The Active Directory Migration Tool (ADMT)
C. Windows Identity Foundation (WIF) 3.5
D. The Sync Framework Toolkit
You need to recommend a solution for the sales reports.
What should you include in the recommendation?
A. BranchCache in distributed cache mode
B. Offline files
C. BranchCache in hosted cache mode
D. Distributed File System (DFS)
You are evaluating the virtual machine environment.
In the table below, identify which virtual machines currently support ODX and which virtual machines require a configuration change to support ODX. Make only one selection in each row.
You need to recommend a solution for GPO1.
What is the best approach to achieve the goal? More than one answer choice may achieve the goal. Select the BEST answer.
A. In west.northwindtraders.com, create a copy of GPO1 and link the new GPO to Site2.
Apply a WMI filter to the new GPO.
B. In west.northwindtraders.com, create a copy of GPO1 and link the new GPO to west.northwindtraders.com.
Configure security filtering on the new GPO.
C. Link GPO1 to west.northwindtraders.com and configure security filtering on GPO1.
D. Link GPO1 to Site2 and apply a WMI filter to GPO1.
You need to recommend a solution for the replication of Active Directory.
What should you recommend modifying?
A. The Active Directory Schema
B. The properties of Site1
C. The RODC1 computer account
D. The properties of Site2
Drag and Drop Question
You need to recommend a solution for managing Windows Azure.
Which three actions should you recommend performing in sequence? To answer, move the appropriate actions from the list of actions to the answer area and arrange them in the correct order.
You are planning the certificates for Northwind Traders.
You need to identify the certificate configurations required for App1.
How should you configure the certificate request? To answer, select the appropriate options in the answer area.
You need to implement a solution for DNS replication.
Which cmdlets should you run?
A. Set-DnsServer and Invoke-DnsServerZoneSign
B. ConvertTo-DnsServerPrimaryZone and Register-DnsServerDirectoryPartition
C. UnRegister-DnsServerDirectoryPartition and Add-DnsServerForwarder
D. Set-DnsServerDnsSecZoneSetting and Invoke-DnsServerZoneSign
You need to recommend a solution for communicating to Windows Azure services.
What should you recommend? To answer, select the appropriate options in the answer area.
On Server2, you create a Run As Account named Account1. Account1 is associated to an Active Directory account named VMMIPAM.
You need to implement an IPAM solution.
What should you do? To answer, select the appropriate configuration for each server in the answer area.
Passing Microsoft 70-413 Exam successfully in a short time! Just using Braindump2go’s Latest Microsoft 70-413 Dump: http://www.braindump2go.com/70-413.html